Neighbor doing construction. Blocking usage of road. What can i do?

My neighbor is constructing his house and he has put all the building material on road, which has caused blockage on the road. I live in the dead end of the road which has only one exit for our vehicles. As the road is blocked by the material on the road, I am stuck inside with my vehicle. One can cross the path only by walking.


This is really painful as I cannot take my vehicle out in any circumstances. There are around 15 families suffering due to this. I have politely asked the owner to clear the path but he has deaf ears. He is not ready to take action.


Please advise the action I can take.




The actions of your neighbor amount to the tort as well as the offence of nuisance. You have two remedies available to you:


i. Under Criminal Law: 


Register an FIR in the nearest Police Station for the offence of public nuisance under Section 268 of the Indian Penal Code.


ii. Under Civil Law:


File a case claiming compensation as well as damages for the tort of public nuisance by showing the specific damage being caused to you along with the infringement of your legal right to use the road.


Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Partnership Business with three partners, registered, difference of opinion between partners Arbitrator appointed only one partner present and the rep…

Read More

senior citizen is depressed and she gets threats from her son & daughter in law. Her son is the legal owner of her residence who is asking her to …

Read More

My dad belongs to the real estate market, he is a real estate broker. He has helped one of the deal go through for a party, who on getting satisfied w…

Read More

I have a credit card due of 400 rupee. bank recovery agents are harassing me by calling from different numbers and mentally harassing. can I take any …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue