quesMultiple false 138 NI cases against us.

My sister filed 498A, 406 and other cases on her husband and in laws after leaving her matrimonial home in Mumbai. She wanted mutual consent divorce from him.She brought her jewelry with her and this made her husband very angry. He got bail in the 498A case and he has decided to take revenge. My sister forgot her cheque book at home with few signed blank cheques which he used to keep with him for paying electricity, telephone and society bills. My sister is staying with us. Now her husband and his friends have filed different cheque bounce cases against my sister & also include us & our parents name.

One case is in Delhi, one in Mumbai and one in Kanpur. He transferred 15 lakhs in my sister's bank account to make FD. The fd is still in her account. He bounced one cheque of 15 lakhs. He may file more cases also. What should we do to save our family from all these false cases? He is very cunning and a lier and he makes false stories. Can we file any case against him to stop him from filing more cases? How to fight all the cases at the same time? He is doing all this to take revenge. Do we need to worry about these false case?

  • ansYour sister has a lot to worry about as she is now a sitting duck to multiple criminal prosecutions launched by her husband due to the blunder of leaving her cheque book in her matrimonial house. She has given him abundant ammunition, which he is now wielding to the optimum. If held guilty, your sister may face imprisonment.

    There is no case your sister can file in effect whereof his right to launch any further prosecution against your sister will be curtailed. The only remedy open to your sister is to contest the cases her husband has filed on her. Engage lawyers wherever he has filed the cases so that you can defend herself.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

I was in a relation with a north indian gal for 4 days.. i proposed…

Dear Sir/Madam, I have filed a criminal case against a professional vehicle thief 8 years…

I am an investor and agent of PACL ltd which was found to be a…
On 31st March,at around 12:A.M I got a call,I picked up the call & said…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly