Is body to body massage legal in India?

04-Jul-2024 (In Criminal Law)
Hi, I want to know body massage from a female therapist is legal or not. What happens when caught red handed while having body massage from a female therapist (not prostitution) but in illegal parlour. We would not be knowing parlour is licensed or not.

Answer #1
Body massage in a spa from a female therapist is legal in India if it is conducted in a professional, licensed establishment and is purely therapeutic in nature. However, if the massage is conducted in an unlicensed establishment or by an untrained individual and involves sexual contact or solicitation, it can be considered illegal and may be prosecuted under prostitution or human trafficking laws.

If caught red-handed while having a massage in an illegal parlour, you could face legal consequences.
It is worthwhile to note that if the "spa girl" in your scenario is a prostitute, then the following laws could be applicable:

1. Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act, 1956: This is a central law that criminalizes trafficking in persons for the purpose of prostitution, as well as soliciting, living on the earnings of prostitution, and brothel-keeping. If the spa owner is found to be involved in trafficking or running a brothel, they could be prosecuted under this law. The female therapist/masseuse/prostitute will be liable for soliciting the client in the first place.

2. Indian Penal Code, 1860: Engaging in sexual activity with a prostitute is considered a criminal offence in India under Section 370 of the Indian Penal Code, 1860. This section defines the offence of "trafficking of persons," which includes inducing or compelling a person to engage in prostitution or any other sexual exploitation for commercial purposes. You, the client will be held liable under this Section.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
If the parlour is illegal then the concerned law will deal with it, further if the activities carried on in parlour are illegal then the problems arises, further receiving body massage from female is legal but it is strictly done under set of rules.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #3
It is legal in India for a female to give massage to a man however I can imagine where your question is originating from I guess you mean to say if you are caught with a female massuer....But the onus of proving that that intention of massage is on you as long as there was no"illegal" act being preformed it should not be a problem. However please give me more details in case this does not answer your question advocate rohith rao
Helpful? LawRato LawRato