How Victim can get certified charge sheet copy from Court

Dear All, My sister kidnap case was not committal since June-16. I met AJFMC court respective judge personally , he said it will take some other time to committal..!! Here i have to know is there any time period for committal process.?(Police team submitted all the documents along with Charge sheet ie. as a minor age certificate and medical certificate ..etc)and How victim can get certified charge sheet copies from the court..?

Answers (3)

218 votes

1. The provisions regarding committal of case are prescribed in Sec. 209 of Cr.P.C and Para 9 to 12 Chapter 3 of Criminal Manual. In all cases instituted on Police Report or whenever the accused appears or is brought before the Magistrate, and it appears to the Magistrate that the offence is triable exclusively by the Court of Sessions, he shall commit the case to the Court of Session, send to the Court the record of the case and notify to the Public Prosecutor of the commitment of case of the Court of Sessions under Section 209 of Cr.P.C. Section 210 Cr.P.C provides procedure to be followed when there is complaint case and police investigation in respect of the same offence and if Magistrate is satisfied that same are is respect of same offence he shall clubbed together both.

2. Request Public Prosecutor (PP) who is assigned by Government to handle your sister’s case can give you of certified charge sheet, victim and accused are entitled have copy of charge sheet before trial starts for free of cost.

Hope this information will satisfy your query. Good luck

Disclaimer: The response to your query is general in nature not a legal advice to provide solutions to an individual problem. The response will not create any attorney-client relationship. Readers are cautioned not to attempt to solve individual problems on the basis of information contained herein and are strongly advised to seek competent legal counsel in the relevant jurisdiction. The firm, its advocates and staff are not liable for any consequence of any action taken by the readers relying on information provided herein. The firm expressly disclaims all liability in respect of actions taken or not taken based on any contents of this page.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

97 votes

you can give affidavit along with copy application to the copyist department or else you can approach the concerened app for a copy of the charge sheet where she can apply for you and give it to you or else you can engage a lawyer by filing application under 24 of code of criminal procedure and obtain a copy of the charge sheet and you can appoint him as prosecution assistance or a special public prosecutor in order to trial the matter

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
122 votes

Committing the case to trial will take atleast 3 to 6 months depending on the work load of the trial court.
The victim can apply for certified copies of the documents(FIR, Charge sheet ) by making an application to the trial court as these are public documents and are supplied free of cost to victim.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles