HOW CAN I WITHDRAW CASE OF SECTION 376 FILED

12-Sep-2023 (In Criminal Law)
SIR 24MAY KO FIR KI GAYI CASE HAI SECTION 376 KA, ACCUSED KO BAIL MIL GAYI , SARE LOG IO PP SAB US KI TARAF HAI , SIR MAI YE CASE WTHDRAW KAISE KARU KISKE PASS JAUN LAWYER SE PUCHA TO WO KAI RAHE SECTION 376 KA CASE WTHDRAW NAHI HOTA, AAP BATAYE WTHDRAW KARNE KE LIYE KISE APPLICATION DENI HOGI

Answer #1

Withdrawal of a case filed under Section 376 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) is not allowed, as per the law. Section 375 and Section 376 of the IPC deal with the offences of rape and punishment for the same. The main objective behind the criminalization of rape is to protect the dignity and bodily integrity of women. The crime of rape is considered as a crime against the society and not just the victim.

Therefore, once a case is registered under Section 376, it becomes the State's responsibility to prosecute the accused and secure justice for the victim. The victim cannot withdraw the case on her own, as the case is not her personal matter, but a matter of public interest.

However, in certain exceptional cases, the Supreme Court of India has allowed the withdrawal of a rape case under compelling circumstances, such as when the parties involved have amicably resolved their disputes or when it is found that the allegations are false and maliciously made. The decision to allow the withdrawal of a rape case is based on the specific facts and circumstances of the case and is at the discretion of the court.