How can a Complainant Withdraw a case after FIR?

05-Aug-2023 (In Criminal Law)
I was looted 3 days back and informed police, who caught criminals on the spot. Later they took my statement and sign and lodged an FIR against the accused. As I had no idea about these things earlier so I did what police told me to do. The accused have been booked under section 392/411/34. I don't want to get into more trouble and get into court activities. I just want to withdraw the case. Kindly guide me how to that and get rid of it permanently.
Answers (4)

Answer #1
810 votes
Now its a state case and you can not withdraw the same. Now court procedure will follow and 392 is a harsh section which can invite imprisonment for years and if you will try to withdraw this now, u can also be prosecutes
People also ask

Can criminal appeal be withdrawn?

A Sessions Judge can withdraw or recall a case or an appeal he has handed over to any Assistant Sessions Judge, Chief Judicial Magistrates or other subordinates.

Under what circumstances prosecution can be withdrawn?

The withdrawal of charges under section 321 CrPC can only be done in the publics interest. It cannot be done on political grounds. The application must be in good faith and in the interests of justice and public policy, and not to abuse the law process by the executive. 6 Oct 2023

How can I withdraw my police complaint in India?

Before the judge, you must file a withdrawal petition and affidavit, in which it is stated that you do not object if the accused person realizes the outcome of the case. The compliment must be made and the accused must attend the hearing. 24 Aug 2023

Can victims withdraw criminal cases?

In India, the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC) deals with the laws relating to criminal procedures. The complainant cant withdraw a complaint once the FIR is registered. However, if it reaches the court and the offence is compoundable, the case may be closed.

Answer #2
988 votes
These are cognizable offences. You cannot simply withdraw the cases under those sections. You have to move before high court to quash the proceedings against t the accused.

Once the court is satisfied then the case will be closed.

Answer #3
970 votes

In your case you don't need to worry, you just go to the court for recording your statement for one time only . So Go and do the same. And after this the accused counsel will cross examine you in front of Magistrate. It will be a simple court process, therefore you don't need to fear and worry.
Answer #4
383 votes
A complainant can withdraw his complaint under Section 257. This can be done even before the final decision is made.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."