Have extra marital affair with colleague and wants to be safe legally

Hello sir I have been in a extra marital relation with one of my known collegue working in my office. She dumped her husband by directly saying him about us. Now I want to know if any action can be taken by her husband is possible or how can I keep myself safe from any matters which can create trouble for me in the future Waiting for quick responce

Answers (3)

326 votes

first if you are married then it would create more problem for your. Better you give more history of your case so we can reply properly .....

i also want to know whether you both are living in live in relationship or what ??

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

175 votes

Firstly you have to know provision of IPC as

497. Adultery.—Whoever has sexual intercourse with a person who is and whom he knows or has
reason to believe to be the wife of another man, without the consent or connivance of that man, such
sexual intercourse not amounting to the offence of rape, is guilty of the offence of adultery, and shall be
punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to five years, or with fine,
or with both. In such case the wife shall not be punishable as an abettor.

So you have to keep away from her.
For further query contact the lawrato

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
341 votes

As per indian laws it's illegal to have extra marital affairs.
It's good for you if you come out of such relationship otherwise it may cause serious effect on your relationships with your wife.
Your wife may file divorce application on this ground since it is called bigamy under indian penal code.
It's priama facie advise to you more advise can be provided with more clarity from your side.
Keep away from such relationship.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles