Frequently tortured by police regarding false theft charges over me

I am running a pawn broker i.e.jewel loan business in chennai.we are frequently tortured by police regarding false theft charges and demand the gold in return saying the thieve have sold you gold.Wat is the way to approach it legally and safeguard ourself sir.please give a good solution to it.

Police can not harass you. Therefore you can give a petition to the DC and the Commissioner of Police regarding this. More over you have a right to move the Hon'ble High court under Sec 482 seeking direction for not harassing you by the police.