FIR or private complaint to magistrate to file case u/s 420 of IPC

I need to file 420 complain against someone who cheated me. As I understand there are 2 ways of doing so. One is filing FIR through Police , if police does not register FIR then go to magistrate under 156(3) CrPC for registration of FIR. Second way is directly file a private complaint with magistrate under 200CrPC. I know want to know which is a better way out of the two. Which will help in speedy disposal of my case and punishment to the accused ?

If the offence is cognizable the police must lodge an FIR, on the basis of your complaint if police couldn't take any action on your complaint then in that case you can file, a 156(3) Cr.P.C. read with section 200 before concerned magistrate on the basis of your complaint so the complaint is a very important part, and the art of winning is thru professional drafting. . It is worth mentioning that, if police lodge your FIR is a better way. For further details contact us.

You have both ways I.e file 156(3) Crpc application before concern court for registration of FIR. As well you must be file a complaint under 200 Crpc . Both legal ways are open. But need to file these complaint/application as soon as possible .

You cannot directly file a case under section 156(3) and 200 Crpc
You have to write a complaint to SHO ACP DCP before giving complaint to magistrate.
For more information feel free to have a word with me
All the best

F I R is required in those cases where a common man can not collect evidence or discover any fact and Offence under section 420 IPC mostly proved by documentary evidence so if you have all evidence you think is sufficient to prove the case then private case under section 200 Crpc is best and if you think there is some evidence which you can not obtain easily then police is best.