Complaint against fraud done by Immigration firm

Hello, in 2009 when i passed out from college and looking for job, one of my friend introduced me to a Immigration firm((Guru Kirpa Enterprises, Director name Neena Sharma) in Mohali. I give them 1.20 Lac for Canada work permit but after some days i realized that they are fraud and i asked them for refund but they didn't refund my money, My father is a small farmer and he arranged that money on interest. That time we didn't file FIR because they promised they will refund our money after few days and suddenly they closed their office and all contacts. I was from poor family i was searching job and in all these condition i didn't file FIR. Now today i found information on internet that director of this immigration company was arrested by police in 2012 in 39 immigration frauds and cheating cases, Can i file a FIR against her after 9 years? Please suggest what can i do ? Thank you,

Answers (3)

174 votes

yes , you can fight for the fraud that had been committed with you but not the way as you are asking for i.e through F.I.R . As of now its already too late and 9 years has already elapsed since the commitment of fraud. You can make yourself an additional complainant in the already existing complaints pending in the court. Last important thing for you , that i am also contesting few complaints against the same said Neena Sharma related to the same issues as you had been through. For further details your can contact me.
Bhuvan Bhalla

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

322 votes

you can always file the matter it is after 9 years or 20 years. It depends on the fact that what comes out in the investigation and how you explain delay on your part. That is it...write back if you need to know more..

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
113 votes

You can file a criminal complaint under section 420 of the Indian penal code and there is no limitation for filing a criminal complaint in case the offence is punishable with imprisonment for three years and more so go ahead

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles