×

quescan one be forced to give statement in police

I am single divorcee mom of 11 year old daughter. Please suggest what action a police can take If I don't go to police station for giving statement. Can I refuse to give statement regarding my own abortion to police. Because a female has put FIR against his husband that he got my abortion done and police has asked for my statement in it. The police officially sent notice to my home and got it signed from 11 year old daughter in my absence. What all can I do to safeguard myself.

• ansThe Police can issue a legal notice under provisions of criminal procedure code and you have then to appear before the IO But any statement if made by you before the Police incriminating yourself shall not be admissible in law. You can not be compelled or forced to make any statement against your husband.

If you wish to withdraw your complaint you can do that,no one can force you to make any statement.