Can fixed deposit be submitted to obtain bail

Can I place fd as bail.what are complications

Answers (3)

289 votes

yes, you can place the FDR as a surety. there is no complications in this regard. when you submitted the FDR as a surety, then you have gave undertaking in the form of affidavit, that in case the accused failed to appear before the Ld. Trial Court, then the prosecution has got the right to encash the said FDR.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

178 votes

Yes FD's i.e fixed deposits can be submitted as surety before the court. In most of the cases bank usually asks for property papers or documents of the vehicle of surety amount. After that only the bail is granted.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
122 votes

There is no bar in depositing cash surety in court but fixed deposit is not allowed unless it is made in favour of concerned court . If court allows U can take particular from Court Nazar . It is purely at the will of concerned judge.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles