Bail rejected by session court within how many days can I reapply?

05-Apr-2024 (In Criminal Law)
My bail has been rejected by session cout (case under IPC 376, IPC 363 and POCSO act). In how many days can I applyfor bail again?

Answer #1
Bail application once rejected can again be filed if there is any change in circumstances. There is no prohibition to file a successive bail application unless there is a change in circumstances. So as per rule of practice usually second bail application in the same court is filed after filing of chargesheet. So you can wait till the chargesheet is filed.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
Second time bail application can be preffered in session court if there is any change of circumstances. Likewise if first time no charge sheet was filed then again after filing the charge sheet again can be filed.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #3
Hello under any changed circumstances or after completing of an investigation by the police as well as filing of charge sheet you can apply for bail with new grounds to be explained to the session court which can pave the way for your bail
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #4
You can immediately file bail before High Court.
But depending upon facts of your case, you may either go for Bail before High court OR wait for chargesheet to be filed by police.
Once chargesheet is filed and there is no evidence against you in chargesheet, then you can apply for bail on that ground.
Also if the police does not file chargesheet within 90 days of your arrest, then you can file for default bail under section 167 CrPC.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #5
Article 116 of the Limitation Act provides the period of limitation of 90 Days for an appeal to a High Court from the date of order of the Sessions Court. So, you have got 90 Days to file an appeal from the Date on which Rejection Order was passed!
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #6
You can apply for as many bails you like. You can submit another application if your first one is rejected. You should make sure, however, that you remove the reasons why the bail was initially rejected after the chargesheet is completed.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato