Abusive Language and Threat to Life

In Criminal Law
We live in DDA flat on Ground floor in Paschim Vihar, New Delhi. My husband remains on tours most of the time on official duties. First floor owners keep on harassing me and my children when my husband is not present. Yesterday when my husband went out for an official meeting at 8 PM, the Grand son of owner of First floor tried to remove our Motorcycle. We park our car at the same place since 15 years and these people keep on harassing us. We were threaten with consequences to face life threats. Also they are using the roof of adjacent residential Garages of other flat owners and using it as for washing clothes. With the result wall of our drawing has seepage. Continuously requesting for more than 2 years nothing has been done. This is their point of contention. Can they use the roof of garages as their own property. Can we file Court Case for both these grievances.

Answers (1)

259 votes


Regarding your query. You may immediately institute action against the First Floor owners for criminal intimidation for 'threat to life' under the relevant sections of the IPC and file an FIR with the local police station.

Additionally, to your benefit, you also have a perfectly fit case to file a complaint with the Sub-Divisional Magistrate in your area. The SDM is an authorized Court after looking into your complaint, will issue notice to the 1st Floor persons and institute a criminal action against them. What usually happens in such cases for seepage, is that the 1st Floor owners will claim that due to the drainage blockage at your end, the seepage is occurring from the first floor. Depending on the merits of your complaint, the SDM will issue orders for
inspection of the house along with a police officer.

The SDM can award damages for property in such instances. Do let me know if you wish to proceed.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles