NUMBER OF MEMBERS IN ICC

In Corporate Law
Working in corporate over the years has exposed me to various experiences, once such experience included incident of sexual harassment, I have faced sexual harassment at different levels in the organization. This time I wish to file a complaint against the harasser, but I wish to know how many members are going listen to my complaint, my question is how many members are there in the Internal complaints committee?

Number of members in ICC

The POSH Act 2013 contains provisions for the establishment of committees to assist aggrieved women or victims of sexual harassment. According to Section 4 of the said Act, the employer of each organization is obliged to establish an Internal Complaints Committee (ICC). The purpose of this body would be to deal with complaints of sexual harassment and help victims protect their dignity in the workplace. Every institution or organization must have an ICC, and failure to establish an ICC can lead to criminal liability for the employer.

Composition of the Internal Complaints Committee:

The ICC consists mainly of four members, and when setting up the committee, the adequate representation of women in the committee is taken into account. Contains:

• One chairperson or presiding officer

• Two members among the employees

• One external member

Popular Corporate Lawyers