My boss is not accepting resignation and relieving me. I have to join

My boss has given false promises that he will give me promotion which he hasnt given till now. Now that I have found a jjob outside he is not accepting my resignation and also askine me to pay 2.5 lakhs while the byout amount should be around 25000. He is not letting me go to any other company.

Answers (1)

78 votes

Hi, with regard to your query as the false promises of your manager proved to be fake at the end, hence you have taken the right decision to quit the company. If you have signed any undertaking then its important to assess that as to why the undertaking was signed and the terms of that undertaking. If the term/period of the undertaking has completed, then there is no question of paying back the amount against the breach of undertaking. No one can hold an employee and it will lead to bonded labour system which is an offence under the law. Hence you may discuss with your company management to get relieved in an amicable manner. Let me know if you need any assistance in this matter.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Corporate Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Prerna Oberoi
Sector 41, Noida
9 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Corporate Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles