My boss is not accepting resignation and relieving me. I have to join

My boss has given false promises that he will give me promotion which he hasnt given till now. Now that I have found a jjob outside he is not accepting my resignation and also askine me to pay 2.5 lakhs while the byout amount should be around 25000. He is not letting me go to any other company.

Hi, with regard to your query as the false promises of your manager proved to be fake at the end, hence you have taken the right decision to quit the company. If you have signed any undertaking then its important to assess that as to why the undertaking was signed and the terms of that undertaking. If the term/period of the undertaking has completed, then there is no question of paying back the amount against the breach of undertaking. No one can hold an employee and it will lead to bonded labour system which is an offence under the law. Hence you may discuss with your company management to get relieved in an amicable manner. Let me know if you need any assistance in this matter.

Popular Corporate Lawyers