Legal paperwork requirements for part-time contract work

Am I supposed to setup a pay roll for an individual doing part-time contract work for me based in India? Please note that this individual would not be my "employee" Can I simply pay them via bank transfer for the amount decided for the work without having to setup a registered company or payroll? Again, please note that there is no job offer in the picture, its simply part-time contract work. Do I need to have a contractor agreement in place ? Which all legal paperwork needs to be in place in such as situation?

Hi, As per your query its like a job contract. You may finalise a third party manpower agency to place this associate on their payroll and he be deputed at your place for work from Day-1. This will eliminate any violation of statutory compliance payments like PF, ESI, Gratuity and such will be taken care by the Payroll Agency with nominal service charges. TeamLease is one such entity with whom you may touch base for your requirement.

Popular Corporate Lawyers