What to do if seller is not issuing a refund

Hi, I paid around 70K for Immigration services to a consultancy, at the time of signup they told me something and have concealed some info but after i paid the amount i realized it is way more complex and difficult to migrate to a country that I chose. The agency also made me to sign on a non judicial document with the list of terms and conditions , it says i'm not eligible for a refund if i backout due to personal reasons. but the reason im backing out because of false promises verbally made, they told me training is free and its a approved consultancy, both of them were untrue. My question is my rights as a consumer are taken away through this contract , how are my chances of getting a refund back ? I did a research and found that it is a Violation of Free consent section 14 of Indian Contracts act 1872 for Fraud, as defined in section 17 and also for service deficiency and unfair trade practices. If i proove this in consumer court, will i get refund despite of contract ?

First you have to see whether the said consultancy have required registrations or not. Most of the consultancies may not have required registrations.If they have all registrations then you can approach consumer court or you may approach nearest police station to file criminal case. It is better to contact a lawyer near by you.

Initially you have to issue a legal notice to the immigration consultancy services and in case if they don't adhere to the legal notice, then you can file a case agains them for full refund and compensation

Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore