Continue to LawRato.com with Google


What to do if seller is not issuing a refund

Hi, I paid around 70K for Immigration services to a consultancy, at the time of signup they told me something and have concealed some info but after i paid the amount i realized it is way more complex and difficult to migrate to a country that I chose. The agency also made me to sign on a non judicial document with the list of terms and conditions , it says i'm not eligible for a refund if i backout due to personal reasons. but the reason im backing out because of false promises verbally made, they told me training is free and its a approved consultancy, both of them were untrue. My question is my rights as a consumer are taken away through this contract , how are my chances of getting a refund back ? I did a research and found that it is a Violation of Free consent section 14 of Indian Contracts act 1872 for Fraud, as defined in section 17 and also for service deficiency and unfair trade practices. If i proove this in consumer court, will i get refund despite of contract ?

Answers (2)

First you have to see whether the said consultancy have required registrations or not. Most of the consultancies may not have required registrations.If they have all registrations then you can approach consumer court or you may approach nearest police station to file criminal case. It is better to contact a lawyer near by you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Initially you have to issue a legal notice to the immigration consultancy services and in case if they don't adhere to the legal notice, then you can file a case agains them for full refund and compensation

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
17 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
15 years Experience
Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore
22 years Experience
Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
10 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

15 Minutes Consumer Dispute Advice Session by Phone

4.6 | 77 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your consumer dispute issue
Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.5 | 16 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Legal Notice for Faulty Product / Services

4.4 | 197 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 1999
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Similar questions

Hi, This is pradeep k s/o of late hanumanthappa.k my father was working in police dept retired he was suffering from severe anaemia disease we took hi…

Read More

Country club membership agreement contains the terms 1. Membership fee is not refundable in any circumstances but in one of case court has said that t…

Read More

My Name is Ajith K.S and I contacted Airtel (via Website) for a new Fibernet Connection. I received a call back from the Airtel Team who checked my Ad…

Read More

My daughter had enrolled for the 4 year Class room program - Weekend contact classes in 2015 when she was in 9th class with an option to exit at the e…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue