What to do if cheated by movers and packers

04-May-2023 (In Consumer Court Law)
One of HRD Packers and Movers based in Ahmedabad they have cheated with us for moving our house hold goods from Ahmedabad to Gorakhpur. They are giving us our insurance money which we have taken. What to do next. Please suggest. Thanks
Answers (3)

Answer #1
912 votes
Hello. The issue which you are facing is common while transacting with these kind of service providers. After accepting insurance claim it is proven that they have done something wrong. So can serve upon them a legal notice via lawyer stating your grievances and the claim you sought alongwith relevant documents to this transaction. In Most of the cases they provide relief on legal notice only, otherwise you can move to the forum after 30 days from service of the notice.
Answer #2
905 votes
well more details will be needed to know what they owe you,what were the terms and conditions and how did they cheat you, you should start by sending them a legal notice and then pursue afterwards, you should consult a lawyer as soon as possible
Answer #3
708 votes
If HRD packers have committed any deficiency in their promised services they are liable and case can be lodged in Gorakhpur or Ahmedabad forum depending upon the amount of package.

If you have taken the insurance money angainst any loss or damages you cease to be a consumer. Still case has a good chance if they have cheated on you.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."