What to do if builder is not ready to do maintenance work in building

21-Apr-2023 (In Consumer Court Law)
There is leakage in flat since 7 years. I am resident of Mumbai. This is due to unconstructed portion of E & F Wing - 11 to 13th Floor and my flat which is in D Wing at 11th Floor is facing unconstructed portion. We have registered Co-operative Hsg Society. I submit request every year but our society manages to cover wall with tarpaulin which is insufficient. There was one instance of Short Circuit too in year 2012 due to leakage. I am submitting request since several years but no formal reply from Society. Currently I am part of Committee member but not office bearer. I am regularly paying my maintenance. Since the leakage is from outside wall, Is society liable to get issue fix up with proper plastering. The builder is suppose to start pending construction work but no specific date as we are hearing since 2 to 3 years. Since our society consist of 272 members from A to F Wing, we are facing difference of Opinion on construction issue. How do I resolve issue? I am almost losing my pat
Answers (1)

Answer #1
730 votes
You state the position in the meeting and state the chairman n sec retary to instruct the builder to clear all the leakage and complete the construction. If this does not work send the letter stating the above contents.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."