What to do if a wrong item was delivered from online shopping site

I ordered a gown worth rupees 755 from tehali.com @cash on delivery. But I received a saree inside. And now no one is responding to calls. No refund or return options are being shown. What to do?

Answers (3)

First of go to their website and search contacts option and from their you will get the mail id of the company after that write your grievance and send them a mail and take a print of that. If they respond of your mail it's good and if not then file a case against that company for unfair trade practices in consumer forum.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

You should only deal with authentic on line portals. In your matter, recourse must be provided by the concerned site only, if they don't respond you can file a case of cheating...But for an amount of 755 practically it's not advisable

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

Have you paid the money ? You should have not paid and opened parcel first. Anyways shoot a email to customer care mentioned on website and send a letter and keep photograph of the item delivered. After some time time say 2-3 days send legal notice to them if no response then file Consumer Complaint before District Consumer Forum.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.5 | 16 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Legal Notice for Faulty Product / Services

4.4 | 197 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Consumer Dispute Advice Session by Phone

4.6 | 77 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your consumer dispute issue
Similar questions

There is one shop located in my locality and she is very rude with the customers even she use to sell things at a higher price with its actual cost an…

Read More

how much can i get from consumer case against google.i have proof of bad support. voice call records. its been pending from more than 20 days and they…

Read More

I have ordered a product BACCA BUCCI LOAFERS SHOE on 11/9/15. Got product delivery on 19th September I called to customer care to return product. She …

Read More

Sir / Madam, I had ordered a pair of branded Shoes on an online shopping website but they have delivered some cheap china Made sandals instead of…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue