What is the procedure to file consumer case against company ?

I currently study in Uttarakhand (GBPEC) Pauri. I paid a sum amount of rs. 10000 to a bangalore based company to develop a software project in MATLAB. But the company is now not responding to the emails and phone calls properly. The programming code that they provided was of few lines and didn't even executed. I am now tired of their excuses and I've also emailed them to return my money back, to which they responded that they will be mailing me codes and again they didn't provide any codes. I want my money back. Should I file a consumer court application against that company? and also do I need to go to bangalore for the court's procedures. I've no where to stay in bangalore as the case may take upto one or two months or may be more.

Answers (2)

336 votes

If the amount was paid to the company from Uttarakhand and order to develop software was placed from Uttarakhand than it will be presumed that cause of action was arose in Uttarakhand and consumer court of Uttarakhand has jurisdiction to hear and decide the complaint. No need to go Banglore if cause of action arise in Uttarakhand.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

88 votes


As the query you posted the company is Bangalore based and the matter will be in the district forum so this means you will need to consider the area of opposite party and the procedure for filing the suit against the company under consumer forum start from serving a legal notice to the opposite party

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles