What is the procedure to file consumer case against company ?

I currently study in Uttarakhand (GBPEC) Pauri. I paid a sum amount of rs. 10000 to a bangalore based company to develop a software project in MATLAB. But the company is now not responding to the emails and phone calls properly. The programming code that they provided was of few lines and didn't even executed. I am now tired of their excuses and I've also emailed them to return my money back, to which they responded that they will be mailing me codes and again they didn't provide any codes. I want my money back. Should I file a consumer court application against that company? and also do I need to go to bangalore for the court's procedures. I've no where to stay in bangalore as the case may take upto one or two months or may be more.

If the amount was paid to the company from Uttarakhand and order to develop software was placed from Uttarakhand than it will be presumed that cause of action was arose in Uttarakhand and consumer court of Uttarakhand has jurisdiction to hear and decide the complaint. No need to go Banglore if cause of action arise in Uttarakhand.

Evening

As the query you posted the company is Bangalore based and the matter will be in the district forum so this means you will need to consider the area of opposite party and the procedure for filing the suit against the company under consumer forum start from serving a legal notice to the opposite party