what are the measures we can take after state forum given the judgemen

We have a favorable judgement in case of a housing matter from state consumer forum. Opposite Party (OP) needs to act in 30 days as per directions of the judgement. We fear and infact we are certain that OP will go to NCDRC. What are the pro-active measure that you advise? Is caveat an option? Also when OP appeal against the judgement, then in response can we seek more damages from OP or the NCDRC will only either reduce/nullify the penalty on OP or can also decide more damages to OP?

Answers (2)

292 votes

Dear Sir,

Why do you want to file a caveat. If the opposite party goes in also you will automatically get summons from court.

As far as your question regarding enhancement of damages is concerned if the opposite party gets a stay in award and finally also the car is decided in your favor you can ask for damages in your reply. Court will grant more damages on interest of delayed possession.

Please get in touch for further course by clicking the appointment button above.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

332 votes

Caveat is not necessary in your case because as and when the OP will file an appeal you will be duly notified either by the OP or the court i.e. NCDRC. Regarding the issue of damages is concerned it depends on the facts and circumstances of each case, you will have to justify your claim for more damages before the Court. As of now without knowing the details of the order of the State consumer commission it is difficult to advise further.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles