quesVodafone number deactivated on TRAI directions abruptly. What remedy?

I am using a Vodafone post paid number since the past 10 years, which is being used for my Real Estate business. This number was de-activated abruptly last week and on contacting Vodafone customer care, I have been told that this number has been de-activated on TRAI's direction to Vodafone and it can only be Re-activated at TRAI's discretion.


I have been trying to contact TRAI since the past 4-5 days but to no avail. What legal remedy can I avail now?

  • ans


    Expert Legal Advice:


    De-activation of a Mobile connection that has been with you for 10 years and is your Business Contact number must be causing you a lot of inconvenience and business loss. It seems that you have been trying to contact both, Vodafone and TRAI through their Customer Care / Contact Centers. 


    In such a situation, to get the concerned authorities to take your compliant seriously and on priority, you must follow a few procedures step by step as mentioned below:


    Firstly, send across a written complaint to your Mobile Service Provider (Vodafone) mentioning your conversations with the customer care representatives and your long and loyal association with them. You may do so by contacting them as follows:


    Lodge your appeal with Appellate Authority on email:- appellate.D1@vodafone.com or by post addressed to Mr. Vivek Gangwar Associate Vice President Câ€48, Okhla Industrial Area Phase 2, New Delhi - 110042.


    If this does not provide you the desired results, you may contact TRAI in person and through a written complaint (to be sent via Registered Post, Fax and Email) mentioning your conversations and enclosing a copy of your complaint letter to Vodafone along with their response (if any). TRAI can be contacted at the following address:


    Mahanagar Doorsanchar Bhawan (next to Zakir Hussain College) Jawaharlal Nehru Marg (Old Minto Road) New Delhi: 110 002

    Phone no : 91-11-2323 6308 (Reception) 2323 3466, 2322

    FAX No. : 91-11-2321 3294 (Reception)

    Email : ap@trai.gov.in


    Parallel to this, also post your complaint at the following link:




    Once you have been through these processes, and still are unable to get your number restored, you may opt for legal recourse. The next step in such case would be to send a Legal Notice to both, Vodafone as well as TRAI mentioning the problems being faced by you along with their respective inaction and the losses being borne by you due to the same. This must be followed by a complaint to the Consumer Court as the last and ultimate resort.


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Consumer Court lawyers in India

Similar questions

I have purchased a flat in Raj nagar extension 3.5 years back with a payment…
I booked a flat with ferrous infrastructure in 2011 but still the flat is not…
My dad is agent to a private firm. The company is running into losses and…
I have a agency .I supplied  material to  a  reg. company  in month of Jan.…

Consumer Court Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>