Sister joined Pearl academy which failed her without any communication

My sister joined Pearl Academy, Delhi last July and in first sem they have failed her without proper communication. They are asking her to repeat the whole year, We paid around 3 lacs for first sem. Are there any legal options available.

Answers (5)

235 votes

Each college is bound by various laws and guidelines issued by concerned ministry and university of which it has affiliation. Therefore, improper communication of detention/ year back can invite various repercussions. We shall also check whether the detention was legal/proper or not. But, that can be seen only by detailed study of various documents, and when facts in detail are explained to the Advocate. In case anything is illegal/improper, legal remedies are available.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

342 votes

We can file a civil suit or a consumer complaint. Depending upon you telling a little more facts, as to how their conduct is not just and right, we can suitably either file a civil suit or file a consumer complaint. We can start by sending a legal notice to the Academy and may be if they are actually sort of extorting you, they will sit down for negotiation.

Kindly tell a little more facts and background so that we can build a case against them.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
148 votes

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

The alleged action done by the Pearl Academy violates the principle of natural justice and such an act is evidently illegal. We may file Consumer Complaint against the institution and get the appropriate relief.
Rest i can recommend after perusing the case records.
Feel Free to contact me for further proceedings.

301 votes

You have to file a consumer complaint in Consumer state commission Delhi. You have not given details as to whether she had attended classes and given examination or no communication received regarding examination or any other reason to justify your remedies. You have to show deficiency on part of academy to get compensation or any other relief. Thank-you

186 votes

You must ask them for a proper written justification as yo what ground they have failed her. Further if no clarification is given and it's only said to repeat the whole year, then you can approach the HIgh Court with a Written Petition challenging their decision.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Hi sir,this is selva from chennai.I had taken group mediclaim policy last year,which was given by my corporate.I submitted claim around 2 lakhs for my…

Read More

Can a dentist treat the patient without consent ?…

Read More

my grand mother and grand father both are tanti(obc-b). but i dont have any prove. but the panchayet where my grandmother lived gave us a written copy…

Read More

Hi Sir, I m from Hyderabad, Plan soled to us by Country club for INR 65,000.Sales executive made false promises and told us incomplete information, th…

Read More