Shopkeeper not handing over bill for delayed payment

Maine 2017 me mobile kharida tha aur 4mahine me poora payment karne ka baat huva tha unfortunately 8 mahine me vo payment huva maine poora net amount de diya par dukandar bill nahi de raha mujhe kya karna chahiye.

Answers (1)

Customer should definitely get the bill. It’s his legal rights to get the bill of any purchase from any shop. If incase the shopkeeper is not giving the customer, the copy of the bill, customer have a right to lodge a complain against the shopkeeper in cunsumer forum of concern area. It is the duty of the cunsumer forum to lodge a complain of the customer and to take necessary action against the shopkeeper

Thanking you
Soumya Rai
High Court Chhattisgarh

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.5 | 16 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Legal Notice for Faulty Product / Services

4.4 | 197 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Consumer Dispute Advice Session by Phone

4.6 | 77 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your consumer dispute issue
Similar questions

I invested with a known small time property developer (made full payment) with impeccable documentation, notarised, to support. However, the developer…

Read More

I bought a motorbike from a showroom. After six month I get a call from showroom and they told me for payment about the dues amount . But actually I a…

Read More

So my doctor agreed to treat me as a favor to our mutual friend and he did. They never gave me the bill. And because of this they didn't do the fo…

Read More

I recently bought a Sony smart TV for just ₹2999 from Shopclues but now they have canceled my order citing it was a technical error. What to do now?…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue