Risks of purchasing flats without occupancy certificate in Bangalore

Hi I am planning to buy a flat with in Bangalore. And in my budget I saw many flats are available for sale without OC and CC. But BBMP approved A khatha. They are convincing that they have some set of deviations in getting OC and a like jogging track in lesser dimension etc.. And they are saying its not mandatory and Around 80% of flats in Bangalore are without OC and CC. As I saw such kind of flats are available in my preferred locations.. But flats with OC CC and RERA in my budget are available at the outer city. Iwant to know the risks in buying such flats. Is it advisable to buy.. Please advice..

Sir, I am advising you that if the OC and CC not there, plz don't preferred to buy the property which u intended. The occupancy certificate and CC documents are important. If there is divination and not as per the plan approved by BBMP, it wil be risk in the future.

I suggest you to buy the flats with OC & CC compliance, if you wish to opt for flat because in future depending on the amendment of KMC ACT(Karnataka Municipal Corporation Act) the BBMP may impose strict rules for deposit of penalty which in-turn you may have to bare the same. moreover water connection issue from BWSSB may also arise due to increase in flats without OC & CC in Bengaluru. Further with 'B' Katha(flats without OC & CC) may not fetch more profit in terms of market value in future if you wish to resale the same.

If flat has OC it would imply that building has been constructed as per sanctioned plans .

Just coz in Bangalore 80 per cent of flats don't have OC does not mean that purchaser should invest in such project . Note that without OC, the building can be demolished anytime. Basic sanitation facilities can be revoked. Govt can send you a eviction notice.

Regularization may be allowed on the payment of penalty by the builder, but imagine if the penalty is passed to the buyer I.e, owner..in that case you will suffer.

The banks and financial institutions may at times do not give loan in respect of properties which do not have OC. Furthermore, no prudent buyer will in the first place agree to purchase such property.

Also, there will be no resale value if your property does not have OC

I hope this clarifies your concern