Repair of Insured Mobile Handset

I had insured my Samsung Mobile handset with OneAssist for loss and damage by liquid etc. On insurance we were told that during the repair period a courtesy phone of similar type with our data duly restored will be given to us. It is more than 2 weeks and they have collected the damaged handset but despite several requests have only offered an inferior handset which can not take my backup data. Please advise if it is a fit case for consumer court and the costs involved.

Answers (3)

300 votes

Sure, you can approach the district consumer court by filing a written complaint. You may check out the format for the same from the ncdrc website. But make sure to first read the terms and conditions of the insurance provided by OneAssist which you are placing reliance on. Though a lawyer is not required in the Consumer Court be prepared to make several visits to the court for hearings. Have you tried sending them a legal notice? Many a times this is helpful in bringing them up to speed for resolving such issues. Read these FAQ's for help -

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

122 votes

You can file a complaint before the consumer dispute redredssal forum\ commission and asked for the damages for causing loss to you and for causing mental agony and cost of your phone or the insurance amount.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
128 votes

It is a fit case for approaching the consumer forum. It would be advisable to first issue a legal notice to the insurer. The query regarding costs and further action can be discussed properly only after perusing the insurance policy.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles