Repair of Insured Mobile Handset

I had insured my Samsung Mobile handset with OneAssist for loss and damage by liquid etc. On insurance we were told that during the repair period a courtesy phone of similar type with our data duly restored will be given to us. It is more than 2 weeks and they have collected the damaged handset but despite several requests have only offered an inferior handset which can not take my backup data. Please advise if it is a fit case for consumer court and the costs involved.

Sure, you can approach the district consumer court by filing a written complaint. You may check out the format for the same from the ncdrc website. But make sure to first read the terms and conditions of the insurance provided by OneAssist which you are placing reliance on. Though a lawyer is not required in the Consumer Court be prepared to make several visits to the court for hearings. Have you tried sending them a legal notice? Many a times this is helpful in bringing them up to speed for resolving such issues. Read these FAQ's for help - https://www.oneassist.in/FAQ/mobile/

You can file a complaint before the consumer dispute redredssal forum\ commission and asked for the damages for causing loss to you and for causing mental agony and cost of your phone or the insurance amount.

It is a fit case for approaching the consumer forum. It would be advisable to first issue a legal notice to the insurer. The query regarding costs and further action can be discussed properly only after perusing the insurance policy.