Remedy in case builder not giving possession after 12 years

I am hindu general catergory,I have booked flat in samta nagar kandivali east,mumbai 400101 in the year 2005,after that builder keep on promising me that one day you will get your flat,In my case stamp duty & registration has been done,Unfortunately i have booked flat on top floor that is on 8th floor & builder have no CC or OC for that floor.In between he has been sold out his entire project .Now both are not cooperating,My case is pending in consumer court.But you know court is taking sweet time for it,Request to help me in this case. 

Answers (2)

79 votes

As per you query,

In addition to the consumer complaint filed by you, you can also file criminal complaint to the police station under section 13 of the Maharashtra Ownership of Flats Act (MOFA) in case the police authorities deny in taking down the complaint, you can file private complaint before the Metropolitan Magistrate. Simultaneously you can file Suit for Specific Performance of Contract and claim compensation.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

117 votes

You need to show extreme urgency in this matter to the Consumer Commission and direct the court for the extreme delay in your case with respect to failing in commitment. Request your advocate to take short dates and finish the matter.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles