Registration of flat when builder not signing & asking more money

I have puchased a flat in Mumbai 1990. I have not paid stamp duty and registeration fee while purchasing the flat as i was told by the builder to make it later within 3 months as i was having shortage of money. Now after 27 years the builder refused to sign and asking for money under the table as donation. Though i have Rs 2500 ticket stamp on my sale agreement when purchased in 1990. What is it ? How can i register the flat in my name when builder not signing and asking more money ? is their any other way to come out for registeration purpose ? pls. help as i want to pay registeration and stamp duty fee legally.

At the time of execution of agreement, a clause is always incorporated for registration and stamp duty on the concerned document. If in your agreement, clause says that Builder shall bear the costs of registration and stamp duty then You have a remedy of filing a suit in the civil court asking for the registration of document and payment of stamp duty, if any. First of all, you require a written correspondence for that. This advice is based upon your question and for clarity in advice documents are required to be seen.

Go for the Civil suit of specific performance of contract and ask builder for the ragister the sale deed and if he refuses then court will order the ragister to allow you to pay fees and stamp and the property will be transferred by your name legally. But all procedures are lengthy and do not leave the possession of property