Registration of flat when builder not signing & asking more money

I have puchased a flat in Mumbai 1990. I have not paid stamp duty and registeration fee while purchasing the flat as i was told by the builder to make it later within 3 months as i was having shortage of money. Now after 27 years the builder refused to sign and asking for money under the table as donation. Though i have Rs 2500 ticket stamp on my sale agreement when purchased in 1990. What is it ? How can i register the flat in my name when builder not signing and asking more money ? is their any other way to come out for registeration purpose ? pls. help as i want to pay registeration and stamp duty fee legally.

Answers (2)

218 votes

At the time of execution of agreement, a clause is always incorporated for registration and stamp duty on the concerned document. If in your agreement, clause says that Builder shall bear the costs of registration and stamp duty then You have a remedy of filing a suit in the civil court asking for the registration of document and payment of stamp duty, if any. First of all, you require a written correspondence for that. This advice is based upon your question and for clarity in advice documents are required to be seen.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

62 votes

Go for the Civil suit of specific performance of contract and ask builder for the ragister the sale deed and if he refuses then court will order the ragister to allow you to pay fees and stamp and the property will be transferred by your name legally. But all procedures are lengthy and do not leave the possession of property

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles