Refund required in absence of a receipt (bank statement available)

Hi I joined a 12 month subscription for a Gym in my locality. Within 3 months, the Gym shut down operations. Now they owe me a refund for the rest of the months. However I can't find the receipt. They usually sent the receipt over email, but I don't think they did. However, I have a bank statement that clearly shows the amount I paid by card. Do I still hold a chance for availing the refund?

Yes you can still avail refund since you have the bank statement in your favor

The recourse for you here is to send a legal notice through an advocate and then filling a civil suit for recovery of your money

Hello,

yes, you can very well show them your bank statement for the specific period that you paid the amount in their account only. and there should not be any questions of payment receipts when if your account statement clearly shows a certain payment on their name.

and yes, you definitely having a big and valid chance to avail the refund of your money.

Dear Client
If the gym closes without giving any prior notice and if otherwise also you can hat your full refund. And the gym cannot refuse the same. You can also ask your gym for paying you the damages for the same. Send a legal notice through some advocate demanding refund along with compensation