Refund required in absence of a receipt (bank statement available)

Hi I joined a 12 month subscription for a Gym in my locality. Within 3 months, the Gym shut down operations. Now they owe me a refund for the rest of the months. However I can't find the receipt. They usually sent the receipt over email, but I don't think they did. However, I have a bank statement that clearly shows the amount I paid by card. Do I still hold a chance for availing the refund?

Answers (3)

325 votes

Yes you can still avail refund since you have the bank statement in your favor

The recourse for you here is to send a legal notice through an advocate and then filling a civil suit for recovery of your money

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

71 votes


yes, you can very well show them your bank statement for the specific period that you paid the amount in their account only. and there should not be any questions of payment receipts when if your account statement clearly shows a certain payment on their name.

and yes, you definitely having a big and valid chance to avail the refund of your money.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
205 votes

Dear Client
If the gym closes without giving any prior notice and if otherwise also you can hat your full refund. And the gym cannot refuse the same. You can also ask your gym for paying you the damages for the same. Send a legal notice through some advocate demanding refund along with compensation

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles