Refund of service tax & VAT from builder as no registration of flat

Hello, I had paid Rs 10L as a booking amount for a property to a builder in Dec 2015. I had to eventually cancel it due to unforeseen circumstances. Now, builder is deducting Rs 73,000/- as charges towards ST and VAT that he paid and that too, on an amount of Rs 14.5L and NOT Rs 10L that I paid to him. We didn't execute any registration agreement. I want to know the following: it legal for him to deduct Rs 73000 and that too, on a portion of payment, which i never made to him. 2. Also, he is not sharing any receipts of those payments he made to govt authorities. 3. How can I recover that amount, if the builder indeed paid to govt., as there was no registration of agreement happened in my case? Appreciate your advice

Answers (1)

70 votes

Hi, I have gone through your instructions I would like to advice that whether you have proof that you had given amount to a builder. Whether you have receipt of booking flat. Whether you have broucher / prospectus of site on that it is mentioned term and conditions for cancellation of booking. I will have to through that then I can give you legal advice properly.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles