Refund of service tax & VAT from builder as no registration of flat

Hello, I had paid Rs 10L as a booking amount for a property to a builder in Dec 2015. I had to eventually cancel it due to unforeseen circumstances. Now, builder is deducting Rs 73,000/- as charges towards ST and VAT that he paid and that too, on an amount of Rs 14.5L and NOT Rs 10L that I paid to him. We didn't execute any registration agreement. I want to know the following: 1.is it legal for him to deduct Rs 73000 and that too, on a portion of payment, which i never made to him. 2. Also, he is not sharing any receipts of those payments he made to govt authorities. 3. How can I recover that amount, if the builder indeed paid to govt., as there was no registration of agreement happened in my case? Appreciate your advice

Hi, I have gone through your instructions I would like to advice that whether you have proof that you had given amount to a builder. Whether you have receipt of booking flat. Whether you have broucher / prospectus of site on that it is mentioned term and conditions for cancellation of booking. I will have to through that then I can give you legal advice properly.
Thanks