Refund of Rs.36999/- for purchase HTC 10 smartphone

On 4th April'17 i ordered an HTC 10 from online portal for Rs.36999/- & got it on 13 April but after a few days i found out that the portal had delivered a lower version of the phone with a degraded hardware configuration which costs atleast 7-8000/- less on other e-com portals instead of the one they had shown on their website. Now when i asked for a refund they refused by saying that the returnable period of 7 days had already lapsed. This way they not only sold me a lower version phone but also fleeced more money out of me. Even the rear side of box packing of HTC mentions it as lower version phone. I have maintained all the original bills along with the packing & accessories & screen shots of the product on their website for future reference. Also note that even today their portal continues display a higher version of this phone. Kindly advice whether i can sue them for this fraudulent sale.

Answers (4)

162 votes

You can sue them in the consumer court for receiving a product with a different specifications than the one agreed to be delivered. Send them a notice stating your grievances and take further legal action if they do not comply with the same.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

216 votes

Dear sir
Thanks for inquiry kindly send me details about ur location and the URL of the website from where u purchased the phone. Did u make payment by cash or cha or card.
When u r purchased that mobile kindly send me all the details


Santosh Suryarao

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
52 votes

As you are in possession of all documents And bills you can send legal notice cLling refund and damages and if they failed to comply you can file consumer complaint against company to ..................ty

209 votes

U can file consumer complaint before District Consumer Forum of your district claiming refund, compensation and cost. Also claim unfair trade practice. Send notice to snap deal and HTC. Made HTC as necessary party.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles