Refund of amount paid as delay from Builder & to file case against him

i have invested in apartment and the builder delayed quoting some delays in getting approval for building higher floors now the project is stuck in RERA Registration process for last 8-9 months with no movement the builder representative are neither responding timely nor giving clear picture. I need to get my money refunded and need to move court against the builder. the due date for delivery was mid 2017

Answers (2)

322 votes

You are entitled for deficiency in service and refund of the amount paid to the builder and you have to issue a legal notice to the builder calling upon him to make payment along with interest from the date of deposit

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

217 votes

After the due date and any extension provided by a provision in the agreement between you and builder, you can file a suit for deficiency of service under consumer Act. The agreement should be examined to see what all remedies you can ask for.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

They are not taking return. I have written an email as well numerous times. As the return policy has expired.…

Read More

I taught a student for 7 Days. Now she is asking for half fees Refund of 2250 Rs because she says that since i pointed out her mistakes to correct her…

Read More

We booked a marriage hall for our wedding function through an online portal . We already paid approx 1.5 lakhs in advance. Wedding is scheduled next m…

Read More

i left fiitjee after 31 days and want refund but they are refusing as they have got signed an agreement on admission. please help…

Read More