Receiving monthly payment calls after disconnecting sim connection

I was using vodafone postpaid SIM. then I cancel it since I dont use the SIM and also I received the mail from vodafone that it got disconnected but I am continued to receive a bill monthly and customer care people complying me to pay the bill as it was not cancelled. received legal notification. I dont want to pay for their mistake. I am repeatedly getting calls & message to pay bill which I am not using. Please advice how could I take action on them for annoying call and their mistakes.

Answers (3)

287 votes

If u have received a msg stating that your connection is disconnected, then you can possibly file a consumer complaint against them for unfair trade practise. You can also claim compensation for harassment. If ther’s any mail regarding disconnection then it would add weightage.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

221 votes

Send reply to their legal notice stating the facts along with the cancellation mail intimation copy. Approach an advocate for making reply to their notice and for further action . If you don't reply then it is presumed that you are accepting the allegations. So send a reply notice.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
245 votes

The reply notice shall be sent and after necessary legal action may be taken. The sec 12 of CPA shall be invoked. The court of law will take care. But the surrender should be legally. No should cheating the TRAI

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles