Protection for vendor as consumer drops phone in water causing defect

Is there any protection for Vendors... I have a shop in hyderabad and received a Consumer forum notice from Orissa. Am I required to go present myself in person in the court in Orissa. this will cost me more than the cost of the device I had sold... Plus it is mentioned on my invoice that we shall oblige by Hyderabad jurisdiction, also the consumer has dipped his mobile in Water and is not covered under warranty as confirmed by Service center, which consumer had himself visited.

The consumer may have filed an application in a court without having jurisdiction. In such a case, you can oppose the same on this technical ground. Alternatively, you can request for the case to be transferred to your place of business and contest it from there. Seek a lawyer's personal guidance for further assistance in this regard.