Protection for vendor as consumer drops phone in water causing defect

Is there any protection for Vendors... I have a shop in hyderabad and received a Consumer forum notice from Orissa. Am I required to go present myself in person in the court in Orissa. this will cost me more than the cost of the device I had sold... Plus it is mentioned on my invoice that we shall oblige by Hyderabad jurisdiction, also the consumer has dipped his mobile in Water and is not covered under warranty as confirmed by Service center, which consumer had himself visited.

Answers (1)

253 votes

The consumer may have filed an application in a court without having jurisdiction. In such a case, you can oppose the same on this technical ground. Alternatively, you can request for the case to be transferred to your place of business and contest it from there. Seek a lawyer's personal guidance for further assistance in this regard.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles