Property developer not giving plot, what action can be taken?

I have purchased a booking that have been made by third party to parasvnath developer 10 -11 years ago ( booking made by someone 10-11 years ago). The booking has been transferred in my name 5 years ago. Parasvnath developer which is a famous developer had endorsed receipt of all the amount that has been deposited in my name. But they do not mention the place of the plot anywhere in the paper and mention that present and future project. Where ever when we ask about that receipt the said that this is of our Sonepat site. Now they neither giving plot nor amount that has been submitted. I have no other document except the receipts that has been endorsed in my name. What legal action we can take against them. 

Answers (3)

129 votes

First you can send a legal notice to the builder for not handing over the possession of flat on time also mention the amount of compensation you can claim. After that you can approach the consumer court if the builder does not respond your notice

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

135 votes

You can pursue the matter in the consumer forum.

The builder should have executed a buyers agreement with you at the time of transfer of the property in your name.

You can claim for possession or alternatively for refund of entire amount paid viz. the property thus far.

Your claim will be accompanied by claim for compensation in the form of interest and mental harassment and distress.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
62 votes

U n plz clarify the whole issue with me so that we can reach on any conclusion. Of course ur case is good on merits but where is initial agreement made between builder and u( third party in ur case)
Feel free to contact me so that we can make a trap for builder
All the very best

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles