Procedure to take legal action against builder for delay

I have taken a home loan and hand over 20 lackhs to the builder for a property. but he didnt developed any thing so far, its been one year, he is saying will do by month end and in 3 months like that. i would like to file a legal case on him. is it helpful for me to recover the money

surely you can file a consumer complaint with the appropriate consumer forum having jurisdiction and can seek return of consideration, compensation for delay etc., and also prosecute him for cheating under 420 ipc

Initially legal notice has to be issued to the builder to complete the consstruction and to pay the rent from the promised date of delivery of possession of the flat to you, if the builder doesn't adhere then case can be filed for completion of the construction, rent and compensation