Procedure to take legal action against builder for delay

I have taken a home loan and hand over 20 lackhs to the builder for a property. but he didnt developed any thing so far, its been one year, he is saying will do by month end and in 3 months like that. i would like to file a legal case on him. is it helpful for me to recover the money

Answers (2)

170 votes

surely you can file a consumer complaint with the appropriate consumer forum having jurisdiction and can seek return of consideration, compensation for delay etc., and also prosecute him for cheating under 420 ipc

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

179 votes

Initially legal notice has to be issued to the builder to complete the consstruction and to pay the rent from the promised date of delivery of possession of the flat to you, if the builder doesn't adhere then case can be filed for completion of the construction, rent and compensation

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles