Procedure to file for defamation case

hi sir, I'm living in society, in society group floor 1 to 10 school is there. when I gone to my office then they are flase talking to the class children, for ex. I'm mad, not doing work, just ghumta he. this are doing past 5 years. so can I take action with them ? how ? and which evidence need ?

Answers (1)

Yes you can take action against them by filing a defamation suit. You will have to first send them a notice giving details of the defamation they have done as well as the relief sought by you in order to not file the defamation suit, if the opposite choose to accept your demands and compensate you for the defamation you need not file a suit, if they ignore the notice then you can file a suit.

You will need material evidence of the said defamatory statements, which can include affidavit of witness as well as written documents and audio files. Also you will need to prove that the statements made are actually false in nature so for that you will need supporting evidence.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

15 Minutes Consumer Dispute Advice Session by Phone

4.6 | 77 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your consumer dispute issue
Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.5 | 16 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Legal Notice for Faulty Product / Services

4.4 | 197 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Similar questions

I bought Nissan Terrano in Nov 2013 but in Jan 2016, its stereo (2 yr warranty) stopped working. Company is saying that the stereo can't be repair…

Read More

Can we delete whole page related to our business in the consumer complaints board India..which has negative as well as positive blog/complaints/ link.…

Read More

I am a party in person to a case, but am not in a position to go to the consumer forum for every date. Is it possible to send and receive the document…

Read More

Dear Sir, I got a expiry product from star bazaar and after lot of argument they committed me for 10000 rs but after some time they denied to give it.…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue