Procedure to file appeal in State Consumer Forum

I had filed a case against a private limited company in February 2015. argument is complete in this case but the opposite part advocate is raising question in every date from last 6 months and delay the decision of court. can i file writ in state consumer forum to hear my case on merit. pls guide me and oblige me.

Answers (4)

281 votes

Let me correct you
1. You can't file writ before any forum, You can file writ only when you left with no remedy then only High Court or Supreme Court shall entertain you by invoking its inherent power.
2.You can make application before same court regarding the above said issue or mentioned the same before the Honorable Court.
3. If you make writ or directly appeal before state forum then same shall be rejected by the court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

305 votes

The Writ jurisdiction exclusively rests either the High Court and Supreme Court only under the constitution.The State consumer forum does not have any powers to hear a writ ,kindly note.
You state that arguments are completed .Is it stage of preliminary arguments on maintainability of your complaint??.You need to give more details please.Suggest to have a good lawyer who can tackle these delays effectively

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
130 votes

As you filed case in consumer forum. You need to wait for judgement of the court. Then after you may aggrieved file case before state commission challenging the decision of consumer forum. You will have wait till then.

213 votes

No you have hire one advocate how's practice is in a consumer court,you can't directly go to the state commission if your case is pending before the lower you have 2 options either you have withdraw your case or wait for a final order

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles