×

Procedure to claim compensation for delayed possession by builder

I have booked a residential flat in 2012 and as per agreement it was promised to deliver in late 2015. However till date only structure is ready and possession will take another 18 to complete. Builder wrote me Email that they have taken OC for other Tower and requested me to transfer my booking to other Tower. However I am not planning to change my Tower and planning to file the case in Rera, District court and state consumer court... Not sure after occupancy certificate I can file case against buider or not ? Builder is registered with Rera. Pls guide.

You should go to RERA for your grievance and that also with out waiting.
Your claim is in no way connected with his occupancy certificate.
And you should go to RERA because its less time consuming and less paper work is required.
You can represent yourself or through a counsel at RERA.

The matter will be dealt before the RERA only as the builder is registered with the RERA and you have two options with you. Firstly, you can withdraw your booking and secondly, on the delayed possession you can claim interest and if their is a change in structure then you have the option for getting compensated.

Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune

Dear,
your problem very common in property area, builder are playing very soft mindgame . every person sad for builder these act . so come to the point i advise you approach first rera because rera act in property area is very effective , second you approach consumer court.

Based on limited facts that you have revealed, you can file a case. But "where" that will be decided by the amount of flat, where it is located and what relief you are seeking from the suit? And you don't need to change your tower. The builder is under obligation to provide you the same that he has promised and also liable to pay you for the delay in possession as per builder buyer agreement between you. regards team "lawyer mitra"

You can approach to RERA. But it's a clear case of consumer court because it's the case if malafid service. You can file a case in consumer court or you can also demand for return your money if you want. For more information you can contact me.