Possession not given by Varanasi development authority

Dear All I have bought a free hold plotl in Varanasi City through Auction process from Varanasi Devlopment Authority (UP Government Devlopment Authority). Varanasi Devlopment Authority has done registry on my name in Oct 2010, When I have started construction the Varanasi Devlopment Authority officials oraly communicate to stop construction on the plot. After that from last six to seven years I am regularly visiting the Varanasi Devlopment Office for giving us physical possession of plot.,They are always hiding the fact that land is in legal dispute with other party.When we are started asking through Online complaint portal then VDA confirm that land is in legal dispute with other party. Now I want to know that what kind of option I am having in legal case that is going on land, and apart of this what kind of right I have as a customer for not giving the possession of property by Varanasi Devlopment Authority in last so many years. Regards

Yes Sir, You can definitely go to Consumer Forum for grievance redressal against the Development Authority. You will have to send legal notice to the Authority seeking reply for such deficiency in service within 15 days. Then file a Consumer case in the District Forum. You may Contact for Further details

U can file a case against the authority and other members who related from this matter in the consumer court
N take a possession or full amount with interests back and also u can claimed for mental n physical harassment and also for court and advocate fees

LH House, Bangalore

You have remedy under consumer laws as well as you may file a suit either for specific performance or for refund of amount as the agreement was done by way of concealment. However being a consumer you will get a more speed hearing and better chances of getting a relief in consumer forum. You may ask for refund of all the paid amount, interest thereon, along with other compensations.Beside consumer courts are complainant friendly and have much easy procedure for a layman. You may approach district consumer forum or state commission or even national commission depending upon the value of your property.