possession not given

I have purchased a flat in April 2014, got the agreement done in Dec 2014. I am yet to get possession of my flat which as per builders is expected to complete in mid 2015 or might get extended to Diwali 2015. Because of these elongated failure in deadlines by builders i m suffering by paying a huge sum for flat on rent which i might continue to pay till possession as this is my first house purchase. Please do suggest me the options i have to deal with this issue? Will filing a case in consumer case help?`

You have two option one is claim of advance money with interest another is claim of early possession,so you can send a Legal Notice to the Builder/Promoter as per your wish.If the builder would not comply as per Notice then you can file a case in District Consumer Forum or State consumer Commission as the case may be for deficiency of service and damages for delayed possession. Products and services by builder are covered under the Consumer Protection Act. If you have grievance against builder, send a notice to him in writing. Do not worry if he refuses to accept your notice as only proof of sending is required. Send the notice by registered post or Under Postal certificate. Retain the proof of sending.