quespossession not given

I have purchased a flat in April 2014, got the agreement done in Dec 2014. I am yet to get possession of my flat which as per builders is expected to complete in mid 2015 or might get extended to Diwali 2015. Because of these elongated failure in deadlines by builders i m suffering by paying a huge sum for flat on rent which i might continue to pay till possession as this is my first house purchase. Please do suggest me the options i have to deal with this issue? Will filing a case in consumer case help?`

  • ansYou have two option one is claim of advance money with interest another is claim of early possession,so you can send a Legal Notice to the Builder/Promoter as per your wish.If the builder would not comply as per Notice then you can file a case in District Consumer Forum or State consumer Commission as the case may be for deficiency of service and damages for delayed possession. Products and services by builder are covered under the Consumer Protection Act. If you have grievance against builder, send a notice to him in writing. Do not worry if he refuses to accept your notice as only proof of sending is required. Send the notice by registered post or Under Postal certificate. Retain the proof of sending.

  • Send a legal notice for faulty product or service @ Rs. 1499/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Consumer Court lawyers in India

Similar questions

I have ordered a SD card from AMAZON.IN worth RS 924..I was out of town…
It been 1 yr. for the matter which is that i have bought dell laptop…

I have booked my ticket through makemytrip, but my flight was preponed & same was…

Recently reliance Communication ltd has sent me a legal notice for non-payment of broadband bill…

Consumer Court Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Ayantika Mondal

 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly