Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Owner asked builder to show account book to check maintenance expenses

Hi, At the time of possession, we had to pay the builder an advance maintenance charges. Can we ask the builder to show the accounts book on how the money is being used during this one year period? Can the builder choose to refuse this request? Is there any section of law which binds the builder to show the accounts book to the owners?

Answers (2)

As per RTI act you can solve your problem , file a application for requirement of accounts book on how money is being used and ask for reply under right to information act and solve your problem. Builder cannot refuse to issue the copy of necessary required by ykou

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

When you file a consumer case against a builder, you can ask for two remedies, 1. Specific performance and delivery of the property to you, 2. Termination and refund of the amount paid with interest. The case takes about a year but most of the orders are in the favour of the purchaser.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
17 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
15 years Experience
Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore
22 years Experience
Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
10 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.5 | 16 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Legal Notice for Faulty Product / Services

4.4 | 197 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 1999
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Consumer Dispute Advice Session by Phone

4.6 | 77 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your consumer dispute issue
Similar questions

Flat not ready for possession at Amrapali Silicon City Noida. flat was booked on 14.04.2011 and possession due on Sep2013, within 30 months of Booking…

Read More

Im representing a groups of Allotees form Group Housing Society, wherein the underground high tension wire has gone faulty just within 6 months and al…

Read More

I am cheated by builder by not provided sanitary connection now notice from authority to disconnect builder not responding…

Read More

In my allotment letter covered parking is written also in the registry document 1 covered parking usage is written. Builder is saying that he does not…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue