Owner asked builder to show account book to check maintenance expenses

Hi, At the time of possession, we had to pay the builder an advance maintenance charges. Can we ask the builder to show the accounts book on how the money is being used during this one year period? Can the builder choose to refuse this request? Is there any section of law which binds the builder to show the accounts book to the owners?

As per RTI act you can solve your problem , file a application for requirement of accounts book on how money is being used and ask for reply under right to information act and solve your problem. Builder cannot refuse to issue the copy of necessary required by ykou

When you file a consumer case against a builder, you can ask for two remedies, 1. Specific performance and delivery of the property to you, 2. Termination and refund of the amount paid with interest. The case takes about a year but most of the orders are in the favour of the purchaser.