Not repairing fridge within warranty period what action can I take

one unitech service centre has repaired our refrigerator and provided us with 3 months warranty for it. After one week , the refrigerator again stopped working. my family and i have gone through mental agony as well due to non working of refrigerator because of their's fault.In spite of many calls and reminders the agent from the centre is not coming for repairing the fridge. We have send a legal notice to them. Can i ask for mental harrasment compensation also? and if yes then how much? and also can i ask for fee from the centre which i have paid to the advocate.

Yes, you can claim mental harassment claim as well. I believe your lawyer through whom you have sent legal notice must be able to guide you better considering the facts and circumstances of your case. You can ask any amount as mental harassment however the Court withholds the discretion to reduce such claim, if at all its willing to give any amount for mental harassment. Please note court will not increase the amount. Moreover your claim should be reasonable. Yes, you can also claim advocate as well as litigation fee.

Hi, you have suffered deficiency in service by the act of that service center and you may ask for the compensation on many grounds which you have suffered. However, it is advised that you meet in person to the advocate and decide the things to be done. Thanks

Ya obviously you can file a consumer complaint in this case. But you will have to think about the litigation expenses involved as your issue is a small one but the litigation expenses can be higher than what you will hv to pay for repair of fridge. You can claim a high amount as compensation , but I am not sure if Court will grant a high compensation in such a case. The litigation cost may be granted but not very high