Not covering damaged camera glass of mobile in accidental damage

Hi, I have taken mobile protection insurance from ezone which covers accidental damage and liquid damage. Now, my mobile phone's camera glass was broken. When i claimed for replacement or repair, they are saying that camera glass is not covered in insurance. They only consider screen display. Does camera glass doesn't come in accidental damage? and can i file complain against them?

Answers (3)

210 votes

please check out the terms and conditions mentioned in the protection insurance policy. if they have not covered your camera glass and all you cant claim any damages from them. if it is covered then you can approch consumer court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

322 votes

First of all you should go through the terms and conditions of the policy and understand it better. If they have mentioned in their T&C clearly about the applicability of insurance for the damages with description then if it contains that the camera glass doesn't cover any insurance means you are not liable to claim for the insurance. So please go through the policy properly and see whether yo have any chances to claim.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
286 votes

As your informed that, the mobile purchased by you is covered by accidental damages and liquid damages.

Then if it s so, they cannot deny to for replacement. The whole mobile is covered under insurance. Please issue a personal notice calling them to replace the camera by saying that it was covered under the Insurance and also mention that you will approach the consumer court if they do not replace in warrentee and insurance period. Wait for 7 days . If not please proceed by filing the complaint against them claiming the amount of mobile and also compensation.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles