NON PAYMENT OF PRINCIPAL AMOUNT OF Rs.. 25,000.00 AND PART OF INTEREST DUE FIXED DEPOSIT RECEIPT No. 1204589 (Account No. 1235206) DATED 05.01.2013 FOR A PERIOD OF THREE YEARS AT INTEREST RATE OF 12.5% p.a. WITH DATE OF MATURITY 05.01.2016 UNDER THE NON CUMULATIVE SCHEME. THE AMOUNT WAS INVESTED VIDE CHEQUE No. 4719744 DATED 04.01.2013 DRAWN ON PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK, SECTOR 17 - B, CHANDIGARH DEPOSIT AT REGIONAL OFFICE OF UNITECH LIMITED AT S.C.O. nO. 189-190-191, Ist FLOOR, SECTOR 17 - C, CHANDIGARH. UNITECH LIMITED has defaulted in making payment of interest of two quarters on scheduled dates and principal amount on maturity of said Fixed Deposit Receipt. That the complaint-plaintiff personally visited Regional office of the opposite party situated at Chandigarh S.C.O. No. 189-190-191 (First Floor), Sector 17–C, Chandigarh 160 017 several times requesting payment of outstanding quarterly interests and also principal amount of FDR.

Answers (2)

328 votes

You have good case to file complaint against the bank in Consumer Forum and you may also go to suit for recovery in civil court.
But as you have invested you amount in bank so became consumer for bank and if bank hasade any deficiency in service then you may approach to consumer forum. For more clarification and Details you may fix appointment.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

55 votes

Unitech Limited is not a scheduled bank or NBFC, so how it offered Fixed Deposit Facility, receipt/ agreement needs to be studied, however believing your words if it was really Fixed Deposit and it is mature, they will have to return it with settled interest, raise your demand in writing, than give legal notice, they are most likely to come forward and settle with you otherwise file consumer complaint, you have a sure case.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles