New car needs repair for engine issue & company denies warranty

Hi, I bought a new grand i10, After first service on the way fora trip the radiator have broken. I was not knowing that and was riding. Slowly the vehicle got stucked. Then i realized the issue. Later the vehicle is towed to hyundai showroom. Now they rejected the warranty. Engine issue is there. they are asking to repair it by own cost. around 1.5 lakhs estimate? Pls help in this situation

Answers (3)

108 votes

Please send a legal notice to the compant stating that it was manufacturing defect which led to this issue. Also clearly state that as a layman, you may be unaware of the problem, but as a company should know the problem. Failure to mislead the customer and asking you to endorse the conditions lead to cheating. Mention that if they do not rectify the manufacturing defect and handover the vehicle, you will go ahead to file a consumer forum case against them.

Hope this clarifies your concern

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

54 votes

Dear client
I had gone through your issue it's related in consumer deficiency in service according to consumer protection act However I don't know wranty preiod about your car if still wranty period is there definitely you get relief you have to issue notice to that company.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
64 votes

Collect all the documents of the vehicle and list of defect or repair required to the vehicle and come to our office. We can file complaint before Consumer Court and ask for the compensation for the deficiency of service. You have a good case you can approach us.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles