Need to send notice for publishing ad without verification.

Hi , somebody has put my number in olx add for motor cycle. where as i have not given such adds, contacting olx. i tried contacting olx to retrieve the user accounts , to find out who had posted this add. But they have written that they can provide the details in receipt of law enforcement authorities , police , etc.. What to do now?

Answers (3)

408 votes

This question has been answered by one of our lawyers. See answer below.

177 votes

You may file a police complaint against that unknown person under the sections of cyber law and Indian penal code. Further you also can file a complaint case before the magistrate if police refused to register FIR.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

302 votes

It falls under category of mischief etc under penal laws. If its causing you too much trouble, File a written complaint to nearest police station with one copy cc to IT cell. They wil ask olx to put down the ad

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles